Thursday, August 30, 2012

Family and Fabric


Natalie came into my bed this morning to snuggle and get warm in my covers.  She put her cheek right against mine and said, "Mom, Dad should take a picture of us like this."

I took a mental picture of that moment-- Her cute little soft cheek against mine.
Looking back at my photograph of that moment,
I don't think Natty would notice that my hair was a crazy mess, or that she had sleepy eyes.
She would look at that picture and see total and complete love.  
That, to me, is what makes this life so wonderful.
Family.


We had the chance last week to tour the new Brigham City Temple.
I don't know if my kids will remember much more than the "hot tub" in the basement,
or the cookies at the end, but, I do believe the feeling you get when you are in the Lord's house changes people.  Even if it is just a little bit and even if they are just little.

I hope they can remember that Heavenly Father loves them and made them every bit as grand and pure and beautiful as the temples we build.  I see their divine worth every single day.


We are going to add one more little person to our eternal family.
Lucky me right!?  My belly is just starting to poke out like I took one too many turns at the buffet line, so it won't be long before people will start to notice!  

This new little babe will be born sometime around March 2nd.  
Maybe Natalie will get a brother or a sister for her birthday!  EEK!


We got that tiny rubber baby at the kid's dentist appointment awhile back.
Sometimes Cord and I hide it places for the other to find.  For some reason I find it terribly funny to stumble upon it sitting on my dresser or at the bar in the kitchen.  
We can't wait to have a real baby to hold.

And now, for some other randomness!
Natalie drew this work of art for her Grandma Belnap's birthday.
The Belnap Crew all came over to our place after the Temple Open House to eat some food and celebrate Lorna's birthday.  Nat drew plenty of cards in preparation, but this was my favorite:


 She said that Granny B was being captured by pirates and zombie's and they were going to make her their Pirate Princess!  Whew.  I am glad it was just pretend.  I don't think Lorna would enjoy being the princess of a pirate ship...

Our fridge is COVERED in art.
Completely Covered.  I love it.

I have been doing a bit of art myself.
Only I get to use fabric!  I seriously love fabric.
I could spend a gazilllion dollars at the fabric store.


The other day I made these matching baby beds to donate to our Relief Society Service Auction.
I made one for Libby to use also.  (My mom made one for Nat awhile back.)
It is cute to watch the girls' play with their dolls and pretend to be mommies.

I got to go to the fabric store alone yesterday to pick out this fabric.
My mom watched Nat and Gage so I could browse and focus.
She is so totally awesome.


 It won't be long before we have a couple of mermaids swimming around the house.
Do you think I can make them wait until October to wear their new tails?

Every project I try offers a challenge, but it also helps me to get better.
This will certainly be a challenge!  Wish me luck... 



Guess that's all for now!  :)

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Love the fabric! Wish I had a zillion dollars to spend at the fabric store also. I would love to create some new things. I think you're much better than me though. I really need a pattern! Hope all is going well with your pregnancy. Sorry you've felt crappy. I know all about that too. Loved hanging out and eating chinese. Lets plan our Girls Night Out soon!!! :)

Natalie said...

Love the mini baby! Why in the world is a dentist handing those out! That is hilarious! Hope you're feeling well-ish. Love the art work!!