Sure glad we did.
We celebrated this year, by taking a trip out to Seal Beach. It was beautiful. My mom and dad have an apartment there just a block away from the beach, so we thought we better take advantage of the place!
--We did a ton of walking--
We took walks to the beach, along the beach, up main street and down again!
We walked while shopping and walked through some simply amazing model homes.
I think I will have to buy one. Just gotta come up with a couple million to spare.
They were seriously beautiful.
We had some lovely weather. The day I took pictures was rather windy, hence the jackets.
The wind made for some great power kite surfing though.
We spent a bit of time watching all these kite-boarders do their thing at Long Beach.
Can you see all the colorful kites?
Gage liked the sand.
Cord got to do a little bit of open water swimming.
I think it was chilly. :) He looks good in his wet suit though!
He also picked up a pair of "minimalist" running shoes in a cool
running shop downtown and tried them out a few times.
Does watching someone exercise count as exercise? Hope so. :)
My mom and dad were there and it was nice hanging out with them.
Mom fixes delicious healthy food for every meal. It is great to vacation with her!
I sure have great folks.
Gage and I flew home and Cord stayed the rest of the week in LA for work.
I love having my little buddy to travel with. He was amazing on both flights.
The Long Beach Airport is the cutest airport on the planet! It is tiny.
Needless to say we had a great little get-away. The girls weren't interested in having me come home. They were having way too much fun playing at Uncle Ryan's house.
Pretty sure I missed them more than they missed me.
So...here is to a lucky year for Cord and I.
We have been so blessed. Life just keeps getting better and better for us.
I am happy. We are happy together. Life is good.
And we are going to sneak in a little extra celebrating tonight with dinner and cupcakes. Yum.





4 comments:
Congrats and Happy anniversary! Looks like you had a great time:)
what a wonderful get-away, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Yea for Anniversaries! I'm glad you and Cord got married too. Now I have a fun sister in law to hang out with :) And I think this year is going to be a great one for the two of you!! Congrats to Cord on his promotion! That is Way Awesome!
Yeah for 7 years! What a great vacation celebration!
Post a Comment