I have noticed lately that the lines around my eyes are getting a bit more "pronounced."I am choosing to call mine smile lines.
Wrinkles sound old.
I feel pretty lucky that I have had so many things to smile about---
that it happiness has actually left it's mark on my face.
Today is my Birthday. I feel so loved.
There are going to me a few more lines around my eyes after today...
WHY?
Exactly one year ago today, my dad had a heart attack. It was major, and it was the scariest thing that has ever happened in my life. He struggled, we prayed, He Survived.
(Something to smile about.)
Gage gave me a wonderful Birthday Present last night. He slept for 8 hours in a row.
(Something to smile about.)
My mom called to inform me that we are having homemade raspberry lemon pie for dessert tonight at my birthday dinner.
(Something to smile about)
I am going shopping alone to pick out a few things for myself. No kids to buckle and unbuckle at every store. No distractions.
(Something to smile about)
Cord surprised me with a sweet note left by my computer this morning. How did he know I would come here first? :) He loves me.
(Something to smile about)
I have a colorful basket of flowers on my deck. They were a gift, and they look beautiful from the breakfast table.
(Something to smile about)
My phone has already rang 6 times this morning. I have friends and family who care about me.
(Something to smile about)
There are so many reasons to smile.
So, I am now 28 years old.
It still feels pretty young.
I am glad today is my Happy Birthday.
Even if it means a few more lines around my eyes...
11 comments:
Adelle, You are such a sweet person! Such a good mother! Such a cute friend :) I'm so glad that you have so many things to smile about!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's the best one yet :)
Oh, yeah I should've remembered it was your birthday today, because it's mine and Kyle's anniversary. I always forget there the same day! I hope you have a wonderful birthday! That shopping by yourself sounds wonderful! Everything else sounds or sounded wonderful also. But I seriously can't remember the last time I went shopping by myself without the locking and unlocking:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Adelle I loved thi post! happy birthday to you, you deserve all of those things that make you smile! It is a good reminder
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADELLE, DEAR
HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR
IF I HAD ONE WISH THEN IT WOULD BE
A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME
:-)
Have a great day!
I smile having you as my sister-in-law. Happy Birthday...thanks for sharing your smile with us. ♥ ya tons!
We are lucky to have you in our lives! Thanks for always making us smile! Happy Happy Birthday! You are beautiful. Inside and Out. Don't know what I would do without you! :)
adelle--you are so cute--this post made me {smile} I hope you have a wonderful birthday! yay for 28!
That was so cute! I hope you have a fabulous day and enjoy your birthday:)
Your posts always make me smile- and this one did too...happy birthday to you!! see you on friday!
Hey you, I just turned 28--I thought I was the only one in the world with three kids and only 28 years...now I am totally spacing if you have three kids or two! ha!!
I love this post! I LOVE your spin on the dreaded "crows feet/wrinkles) Diana P. sent me over to check out your post. I was complaining about mine, and I have decided that I like your definition...from now on mine will be smile lines too! Belated Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment