Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Taste Bud Heaven

Quite Possibly the Best Dessert I have Ever Made:

Have you ever eaten something that was so good, you couldn't help but ummm and ahh when you were eating it?  That is what we had happen last night.  Libby and I made some strawberry shortcake dessert.  Sounds good, but nothing to scream about right?  It is if you have the secret ingredient...

Here is Libby Enjoying the batter for the little cakes.
  
She kept saying, "This is delicious!"

Just before we ate it.  We still had no idea at this time that we were going to be eating the best dessert we have ever made...
Okay, I am sure you are all wondering what could the secret ingredient be????  How can I make myself some of this heavenly dish?  Well, it all comes down to two words:  Trader Joe's.  My sister got me some awesome vanilla cake mixes from the Trader Joe's grocery store when she was in Chicago.  (we don't have them here and it is very sad.)  They are nothing like cake mixes you get at Smiths.  No, my friends.  These are like designer cake mixes.  
They actually have flavor and texture and ingredients besides refined flour and sugar.  Thank you Jessie for introducing them to me!  The freshly whipped cream with vanilla and sugar, and juicy ripe strawberries were the perfect topper for the fluffy cake!

I wish everyone the happiness of eating a perfect dessert. . .

6 comments:

The Gidley's said...

Maybe Jessie chould go into the IMPORTING business then we ALL could enjoy! My mouth is watering just thinking about yummy strawberry shortcake.

Camille said...

Ah, we have a Trader Joe's here! Heard a lot about it, but I've never been there. Let me know if you want any sweet treats back in Utah. I can bring you some.

I'm Jenny said...

hey! thanks for the invite! you must have forgotten that strawberry shortcake is my favorite... maybe next time! looks yummy.

~adelle said...

Camille, you need to go to Trader Joe's!!! It is the best. It is healthy food at good prices. There are million good things there besides sweet treats. Make the trip. It would be worth it!

I might put together a list for you when you come to Utah. When are you coming anyway? Soon I hope.

Kyle and Shayla said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I think that about sums up my thoughts!

Lindsey Rose said...

My mouth is watering! That sounds soo yummy!