Friday, April 17, 2009

Rocking the Mic



So, last week my brother Ryan invited us all up to sing some Karaoke at a new Fresh Mex "Restaurant" in the Valley.  He had read about it in the newspaper.  As you can see from the decor it was one very family friendly eatery, similar to a Chucky Cheese's.  :)  Okay so, it wasn't exactly a typical Dennis Family hangout joint, but we decided what the heck, we might as well rock the mic anyway and told the waitress keep the cold ones coming!  Ice cold water that is!  Here are some pics from the evening...

Aren't they cute?  

We twisted Jenny's arm to get her on the stage.  She did a great job.  All that American Idol watching has really paid off!
Art is a regular old performer.  He got the whole crowd into it.
Of course, Cindee, brought the house down with her Power Songs!  No one wanted to be after her...
Ryan kept things old school by singing the Devil Went Down the Georgia.  A classic.  
Me, in my leather jacket and Art's black hoodie, looking as bad as ever.  Whew-we!  It was a blast.
And we can't forget the Kareokie host.  He favored our table.  I think it must have been that fact that we could actually carry a tune.  He was a hoot!
Cindee and I.  This is before the big ole fat chocolate cake came.  It was delisch.
It was fun to get out on the town.  We sang, ate, talked, and had a fantastic time.  Can't say we won't be back.  The microphone calls to us.  Sing...sing...sing... 

7 comments:

Wendy Pippin said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. How was the food? I love new places!

Natalie said...

Seriously, this post explains exactly why I love the Dennis family. You can film a short movie out in Hooper in December by day and Karaoke by night in awesome restaurants. I LOVE it.

I'm Jenny said...

Hey where'd you get those pics? You didn't kife them off my site did you? :)

Natalie said...

Your family is amazing! SO FUN! And no fear! LOVE IT!

Critt & Britt said...

That sounds like waaaay too much fun. It's true watching American Idol just makes ou want to get on a stage and sing your heart out!!!

Sharstin said...

rock it out!! I love a fam that can do some kareoke together!

Ash said...

LOL! How fun!!! Looks like everyone had a blast! It's so crazy to see your family 10 million years later. Everyone looks healthy and happy- glad to see it. Hope all is well, looks as though it is ;)