Monday, March 16, 2015

ELEVEN!

This year was Cord and my 11th Anniversary.  We were married at 11:00 on March 11th.  So, it was seriously an 11 year for us.  :)

On Wednesday, (our actual anniversary) Cord bought me flowers and helped me fix a fancy dinner.  After we ate, we let the kids join us for a toast with our fancy glasses and sparkling cider.  It was a very happy night with the family.




Friday night, we had tickets to see a play at the Desert Star Theater in Murry.  My mom was awesome and watched our kids.  She bought a bunch of fun new puzzles and craft stuff for them to use for the evening.  The kids were so excited.

At the play, Cord and I sat at a table with another couple who were also celebrating their 11th wedding anniversary!  What are the chances?  I like the Desert Star.  It has such a upbeat atmosphere.  The plays are silly, but they make us laugh.  I ordered some super tasty ice cream at intermission!


Towards the end of the show, one of the actors came out into the audience to pick someone to help out onstage.  Guess who got selected?  ME!  It was a little bit embarrassing, but I decided to roll with it.  Four of the characters serenaded me with a song.  I pretty much laughed through the whole thing and tried not to look awkward.  Here is a little tiny snip of the performance.

It was a fun night out with Cord.  We feel really lucky to have a good marriage.  We love each other and we get along really well.  Life just sort of flows easily for us, and we feel very blessed.

Saturday, was a big big day as well.  Libby and I spent the morning/afternoon at Weber State for her dance competition.  This competition had and age limit so Natty's class couldn't participate.  Libby was amazing!  She nailed her back walk over part and was seriously adorable for the whole number.  I love watching her.  It is fun being a teacher because I love all of the girls in the studio.  It makes watching them all perform so much more fun.  I am so proud of them.

Saturday night, Cord and I got to go on another fun date!  Two dates in one weekend?  Lucky!  Our awesome friends, the Fullers, planned a Western Murder Mystery for us to participate in.  All of the guests were assigned a character.  I was Bonnie the One Room Schoolhouse Teacher and Cord was Ace the Happy Cowboy.  My mom helped me sew a skirt to wear and we rounded up a bunch of other apparel from our friends and family.  It was fun to dress up.


Isn't he a handsome cowboy?






The night was hosted up in Eden at Brady's family ranch.  Everyone was in character and totally dressed to play their parts.  Since it was a western theme, we shot clay pigeons with shotguns in the back field.  We had an amazing dutch oven dinner with all the fixins...including a wide selection of pie!  We sat around the campfire and tried to figure out who the "murderer" was.  It was a beautiful evening.  The stars were out in full force.  We have such fun friends.  There was plenty of laughter and good conversation all night long.


Cute Allison babysat our boys and the girls got to play at Kayla's house and they saw the new Cinderella movie.  It was a fun night for everyone in our family.

I love how there is always something fun on the calendar to look forward to.  Might as well make life fun right?!  Cord and I had a very happy anniversary for sure.





2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Happy Anniversary you TWO love birds! :) That party looks like a total blast! We need to do something like that sometime! Can't believe you made a skirt and everything.

Natalie said...

You two are so great for each other!! Happy 11 years!!! Love the mystery dinner. What a great idea!