Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bats, Fairy, and a Snow Leopard

Halloween seriously sneaked up on us!  I suppose that is appropriate for the type of holiday that it is, but really...how did October fly by so fast?  

I let the kids each choose their own costume this year.  I wanted them to get a chance to make the selection on their own!  Gage picked to be "bats" for him and Oliver in an instant.  It didn't take him long to decide at all.  The girls had a harder time narrowing things down.  Natty eventually decided on a Fairy Princess and after many days of deliberation, Libby settled on being a Snow Leopard!  Her choice was highly influenced by her cute cousin Shaye who was going to be a Cheetah.  They were "cat cousins."  

We did a little bit of shopping, and sewing, and altering, and painting...and made their wishes come to life!  I love the creativity that Halloween offers.  It pulls the secret artist out of us all.  Fun, fun!   


My Beautiful Snow Leopard




The Magical and Lovely Butterfly Fairy Princess



Big Brother Bat




Little Brother Bat
(Who was sleeping when I took pictures on Halloween, so I only got one quick shot before we went trick-or-treating!)




and The Bat Brothers

(All the other pictures I tried to snap of these two bat bros were really blurry.  They had too much flying around to do to pose for a photo.)


Cord and I were able to get in on the dress up action as well.  Cord has been growing his hair out for the last 10 months or so.  He called me into the living room the other night and told me that he had finally figured out who he looked like.  This is what he had come up with:


He did have a striking resemblance to Flynn Rider from the Disney movie Tangled!

I bought a Maleficient Hat while we were in Disneyland this fall that made for a fast and easy costume for me!  So, we were Disney Movie characters together...



On Halloween night, we went to Jen and Doug's house with all the siblings and cousins.  The kids all got to head through the neighborhood together collecting treats!  They sure do love it.  Oliver was a speedy little bat, running from house to house and charming people's socks off with his tiny little "trick or treat" voice.  The weather was beautiful.  After we collected enough loot, we went back to the Evan's house for a yummy chili dinner.  We played games and enjoyed the holiday together.  It was a fun night for sure.


Happy Halloween 2014

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Your kids costumes were so amazing! Loved their face paint. It was super fun trick or treating with cousins. I think it snuck up on us this year also. Halloween went by in a flash! :)