Gage likes to make us laugh. He tells jokes and makes up silly names for each of us. Sometimes when he thinks he is really funny, he calls me Daddy. The little stinker. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He is my most affectionate child. Several times throughout each day he will come to give me a hug and tell me that he loves me to the moon and back. I love it.
He is excited to start playing soccer this Fall. Cord signed him up for AYSO and volunteered to be the coach. They are going to have so much fun together. Sometimes Gage will put on his tennis shoes and run around the yard "to get ready to play on his team."
Gage learned the First Article of Faith and I love to hear him tell it to me in his sweet little voice. He loves his primary class (not church clothes though! he hates those...) and he tells me what he learns each week.
He just learned how to ride his bike WITHOUT training wheels. Cord took him up the the church parking lot last week and after just a few times around the building he was doing great. I think all the scooting he did on his little balance bike make it easy for him!
We love Gage to the moon and back!
He planned his birthday activities. He told me he wanted to see some dinosaurs and go swimming. So, on Saturday we loaded up our little family and headed down to Thanksgiving Point to the Museum of Ancient Life. It was the first time we have been to the exhibit there and we were all very impressed. The kids loved exploring all of the different dinosaur bones and displays. We found out that our family weighs 413 pounds!
Tuesday was Gage's "real" birthday. We met up with a few of his cousins and spent the afternoon swimming at Rachelle's pool. We brought some snacks and birthday Popsicles along. The kids swam and played and jumped and dived for hours. I think it was fun to be swimming again after our long winter break.
When we got home, Cord and I gave Gage a present from our little fam. He had to close his eyes while Cord got it out of the shed. He was pretty excited about his new Water Table. He and Ollie played with it for the rest of the evening...
Gage has been browsing through Pinterest looking at Dinosaur Cakes for the last 6 weeks. He seriously loved scrolling through all the images on my phone. He had a very good idea of what he wanted his birthday cake to look like. Granny B and Grandpa had planned to come over to our house on Wednesday after our girl's dance recital, so Gage and I spent Wednesday afternoon bringing his cake to life. I was so proud of Gage. He pretty much decorated the whole cake by himself. I did the frosting and a little bit of the river rocks...but he did the rest. He couldn't wait to show everyone!
Libby and Nat's dance recital was crazy long, and we didn't get home until 10:00! Gage was patiently waiting for us to arrive so he could eat his cake and open his present. (My sister Rachelle came to our house to babysit Gage and Ollie during the concert. It was so helpful. I love having such great siblings!) It felt really late to be having a birthday party, but we just rolled with it. :) Granny B and Grandpa helped us sing the birthday song and Gage blew out his giant volcano fire.
He got an awesome pop up soccer goal from his Grandparents. He spent a few minutes showing us how he can kick the balls into the goal. It was very cute. I have a feeling we are going to be playing with it a lot this Summer. So fun!
Gage told me, "Mom, I had two fake birthday's and one real birthday." I think that is pretty awesome. Might as well celebrate as much as we can. I feel so lucky that this sweet little boy is mine. We love him so much. Happy Fourth Birthday Gage!





















1 comment:
Sounds like Gage had an awesome Dino Birthday!! Can't believe he is 4! Time goes by so fast. We need to start hanging out again, now that the kids are done with school.
Post a Comment