We talked about how if we put thought into adding extra love into everyday moments they can become extraordinary. It is not really doing extra work, it is just doing the same things better. I am so excited to focus on making every day moments even more magical for me and my family.
We played a game where we each got to tell one small thing that makes us happy. A lot of people talked about family. Hugs, kisses, talks, phone calls, holding hands, watching movies together...all that good stuff! I thought it would be fun to make a list of simple things in life that make me happy! So.... here it is!
- Finding money in my coat pocket.
- Anything miniature--like the tiny tent models at REI.
- That my Dad tells me a joke every time I see him.
- Playing Peek-a-boo with Oliver. (He thinks it is hilarious!)
- Singing along to a really good song on the radio.
- Walking into the library and randomly selecting books to read.
- Watching the city lights sparkle from our living room windows.
- A seriously good back massage.
- The fact that I get to eat at Chick-fil-a for free. I have an awesome brother!
- Always having a tiny hand to hold as I walk through a store or around the pond.
- That when Cord and I want to go out to eat, we usually end up at my parent's house.
- Promptings from the Spirit.
- Having my hair cut and colored.
- Planning vacations!
- Lib and Nat's secret hand shake that ends with them chanting the word "SISTERS!"
- Hot showers.
- Watching my girl's dance.
- Listening to Libby read to the younger kids.
- When Gage pulls his pants up over his belly button and walks around like a silly goose!
- Fireworks and root beer floats.
- Crafting and getting paid for it.
- Sitting in a perfectly clean room.
- Looking at photos of beautiful places on Pinterest.
- Brushing my teeth.
- Feeling the sun on my face.
- Making myself laugh.
- Getting a chocolate sample from See's.
- Reading my blog posts from the past and re-living each of the amazing experiences I have been blessed with.
I am glad I am part of Relief Society. I sat with a group of "older ladies" from my ward. They are such fun. They welcomed me into their group with open arms. I am grateful for my chance to associate with such remarkable women. I hope that I can become something extraordinary!
No comments:
Post a Comment