Thanksgiving was just as it should be. Cord went on a mountain bike ride in the morning. The kids and I participated in our local a Turkey Trot. Rachelle and I walked with my little crew while the Tanner family, Sheldon, Savana, and Allison trotted the course a bit more quickly. It was a beautiful and unusually warm morning for our outdoor activities! Gage ran along the sidewalk as fast as his tiny legs could carry him. He said, "Mom, I am fast like Daddy."
Libby was chomping at the bit to "carve" the Thanksgiving Gift Turkeys. Luckily, Cord arrived home at the exact time we did from our Trot, so we were able to oblige her. They all got matching penguin pajamas. Ollie's are rather large, but I couldn't resist buying matching pj's for the boys! I will have to trim them down a bit. Now when I give them all good morning hugs they are soft and cozy.
Libby insisted on acting like a Penguin in this picture.
Silly goose. I mean silly penguin!The kids helped me put together a festive fruit and vegetable tray for the feast. I can't help but get excited about cute food. We had a great time making fruit turkeys and sampling all the parts and pieces along the way. Gabby was a little gem, and gave Gage her fruit turkey at dinner. He went from the saddest boy on the planet to the happiest--in less than a second. Way to go Gabby!
We are fortunate enough to have a family stuffed with excellent cooks. The turkey this year was a "free range" fresh and never frozen bird. It was moist and delicious. Mom made her famous orange rolls. Jen and Chad made enough spuds to feed the neighborhood. Matt and Brooke served up fresh shrimp cocktail and sweet sweet potatoes. Rachelle made real cranberries (and brought some jelly cranberries for Libby!) Dad served up Chex Mix, per my last minute request. It was a quite the feast! Stuffing, green beans sauteed with butter and sesame seeds, fresh fruit and veggies, a fancy cheese tray, and pistachios. There were candles on the tables and a glowing fire in the fireplace. And, like my dad always says, "The company was better than the food, and the meal was excellent!"
The silly kid table. Oh, I mean the little kid table.
After dinner chat.
Me and my baby. He loved is first Thanksgiving dinner!
After we were all stuffed to the brim, we went on a walk through the valley. Ollie and Pepper took a nap beside each other in the stroller. It was so peaceful and beautiful. The air cooled off quickly as the sun set behind the mountain. The kids took advantage of the chill in the air by taking a dip in the steamy hot tub. Cord checked out the ad's. We didn't find anything in the paper that we couldn't live without. Good thing too, because Friday morning we slept in until 9:30. Ahem. Did I just say 9:30? It was a miracle!!
We played games and talked and relaxed on Ryan's new couches and simply enjoyed being part of a loving family that is blessed beyond measure.
And of course, we ate plenty of pie.










2 comments:
Looks like you had an amazing Thanksgiving! And it looks like you've started a new tradition with the PJ's in Turkeys :) Super cute!! Glad you had a great day.
Adelle, the picture with a guy in glasses and a great "beard" looks just like the contestant on the Voice! Love it. So do you have a secret and he is the Voice contestant? LOL Love the pictures. Love your cute family! Aunt Marty
Post a Comment