We couldn't let the season pass without squeezing in one more camping trip.
I love being way up in the pines.
We found an open group spot at Washington Lake and booked it!
We were able to get most of the crew up there for at least part of the long weekend.
My favorite thing about the trip was the cool weather.
It felt so good to get a relief from the heat.
We certainly lucked out with it being so late in the season.
It didn't get too cold at night and we only had a bit of rain.
Our site was really private. We had enough trailers to fill the parking lot. But, there were plenty of tent areas for the kids to play in. This one we used as a giant sand box! Good thing Corey had all his trucks. They moved their fair share of dirt.
Isn't this a cute group of cousins??
Art and Cindee brought their Razor. They have one seriously loaded ATV. Check out the cool headsets that make it so you can have a conversation with each other while out on the trail.
Fancy smancy.
I love snuggling with this little buddy in the mornings.
He loved being outside!
We headed over to Mirror Lake and Pass Lake to fish.
Cord was a good sport to keep the kid's fishing poles in working order.
He got to untangle lines, fix broken bubbles, help cast, tie on new flies... you get the idea!
The kids loved being at the lake.
Libby is getting to be quite the little fishing lady.
She can cast pretty darn good, for a girl.
Gage spent his time by the lake jumping on the rocks and logs.
Cord and I thought he looked like he was jumping backwards in this photo.
It's SUPER GAGE!
Ryan brought up his paddle boards, so we carried them up to Washington Lake and took turns playing on the water. Savana and Gabi took Lib and Gage on a nice long ride across the lake.
I was goofing off pretending to do yoga on the paddle board (fully dressed---shoes and all) and I almost tipped over! It was seriously a close call. My adrenaline was pumping. Everyone got a nice little chuckle out of it. I won't try that again unless I am prepared to take a plunge.
Woody and Gage had their traditional pillow fight in the trailer before bed.
I'd like to see what this will look like in 15 years. :)
We had plenty of time around the fire, drinking hot chocolate, making smores, heating up rocks, boiling water in cups, and branding the wood with hot pokers.
Gotta love a good fire!
Chatting and relaxing. A nice combo.
So glad we were able to go. Camping is seriously good for the soul.
And lets face it, where else could I get amazing photos of my kids like this!
:)



1 comment:
I agree...Camping is good for the Soul!! There's nothing like being out in the pines, smelling the campfire, playing outdoors, to make you happy :) LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment