Tuesday, August 27, 2013

School Bells

Sharpen your pencils and bust out your backpack folks!  
It's Back To School time.

This year we have two very cute girls attending the Elementary School.
Bates Braves are awesome!
At Back to School Night we were able to meet with their teachers and pick up a few new shirts for my lady bugs to wear on Pride Day.  Oh, I could just squeeze them.
Daddy gave them both a father's blessing and they got new little stuffed animals to hang on their backpacks...so they can remember how much we love them!

 

Libby started Second Grade last Tuesday.  She is getting so smart.  She knows her way around the school and already LOVES her new teacher.  Libby is feeling kind of lonely at recess.  It is taking some time to find her groove with the girls at school.  All of the girl's in her class are new this year.  So, she is learning new faces and names.  I hope she can find a best buddy soon!  I told her if she can meet one new friend a day this week I will give her a prize.  I hope it helps.  .  .  

She is such a trooper though.  I think she would be most happy hanging out with her teacher.  She loves to talk to adults and help with big kid stuff.  :)  We love our Libby.


My camera battery was dead on the first day of school...so I had to take pictures with my phone!  
Bad timing battery!




TODAY is Natalie's very first day of Kindergarten.
She was up early and excited to make her big debut.
She was doing "jumping jacks of joy" before bed last night.
She could hardly wait to go to school like Libby!


 


It makes me feel good to know she has her big sister there to help take care of her!


I wasn't planning on getting emotional, but I just can't help myself.
As I was walking her into class and watching my tiny little sprite hang up her backpack,
my eyes started to pool with water.  I am so excited for her and will miss her little face!


I wasn't the only one feeling sad about dropping Nat off at school.
Once Gage realized that Natalie wasn't going to be home, he got the saddest look on his face and said to me, "Mom.  Who am I going to play house with?"

Now Oliver has Gage's undivided attention.
Poor Ollie.


2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Poor Gage. I remember when Bree first went to school, and how sad Elle was! And I'm with you. I have teared up several times at the thought of Elle in Kindergarten this year. Life is moving right along. I just love all of the seasons, and milestones we get to experience each year! Makes life exciting, and wonderful :)

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Poor little Gage. In no time it will be his turn. The girls look so cute and happy and vibrant. Way to go momma! I love back-to-school time.