Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thurday Lunch Dates

We have a new tradition!  It is one that involves food and a playground, so we like it a lot.  On Thursdays, we all go eat lunch with Libby at school.  The timing is perfect because Libby goes to lunch right when Natty gets out of class.  So, we are already there.


 I have loved watching Libby grow and gain confidence over the past 5 weeks.  She started this school year nervous because she didn't know the girls in her class.  She felt like she didn't have any friends and she was lonely at recess.  On our first few lunch dates Libby played with Nat and Gage during lunch recess or she sat by me on the bench and we talked.  I was so so happy to hear her say to me today, "Mom, do you care if I play tag with my friends during recess?"  YAY YAY!  Libby has made a darling bunch of girl friends.  She has started swapping phone numbers and planning play dates.  My heart is so happy. 



We are still going to continue our lunch dates, because I really like getting a glimpse of Libby in her school element and she likes to have us come.  But, I feel good knowing that she doesn't need us emotionally any more.  She is doing just fine on her own. 

2 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

This is such a precious time of life for you and your little ones! Isn't being a mom an awesome responsibility? So many emotions and hopes and dreams for our kids! You are doing a great job - you are a wonderful momma!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I'm so glad Libby has made new friends. There was no doubt in my mind she would! Thanks for taking babies pics!! You are an awesome sister, friend, and Mom :)