Sunday, August 5, 2012

what HE did

So, have you been wondering what Cord was up to while we were having all that Summertime fun?  He went for a backpacking trip to Granddaddy Lake!


Cord had his bag packed three days before their scheduled departure.  I think he was a bit excited to get on the road.  There is something about boys and backpacking!  I swear.  It must be good for their manliness to get out into the wild!  I was glad to see him so excited!
His backpack didn't have an inch of empty space.  It was full to capacity.
I don't know how he carried it all the way up the mountain...



 Backpacking trips pretty much consist of sitting around camp and fishing.
Luckily, on the second day they were able to do a good amount of "catching" as well.
Mmmmmm...dinner!
 

Sure beats another Mountain House right??
 

Cord said they had some deer living in their camp and they saw this cool moose on the way up.
 

Can't go to the Uintah's without a bit of rain!
We are lucky they didn't get fried by lightening.
They had quite the storm.


It is nice to have such good brothers to go on adventures with!
I have a feeling this won't be the last time they head for the hills.
I saw Cord looking at backpacking gear the other day on the ipad....
:)

He got home from his trip and had to leave the next morning for a work week in New Mexico.
What a busy guy!  It was sure nice to see his face Friday night when he got back.
Of course, the bag of goodies from Trader Joe's was nice...

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Looks like they had a great time! And I'm waiting to hear all about your trip to Lotts Landing too :) Ah....summertime! It's so much fun.

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Mmmmm....Trader Joes. Maybe the goodies were worth single parenting for the week? Doug did say the backpacking was tremendous. Glad they could go have fun. Great pictures!