This is the jest of what we did over the past week or so.
Cord did other stuff. I'll tell ya about that in another post.
We went to the bountiful fair. The birds and the bees were there...
The swings were certainly a hit. The kids were laughing their heads off.
And the fish were biting.
After we got hot and our tickets were gonzo, we had dinner and cooled off at Cindee's house and then headed down to watch that parade. We were supposed to meet up with Lorna and crew, but never found them! So we picked a spot on the curb and collected loads of candy on our own!
The bagpipes were a little bit loud...
The parade had the "2000 Stripling Warriors" in it this year.
I was impressed by the size of the group. It is a good reminder about how the Lord's plan is always in place. And, Gage is pretty cute in this picture. I hope he never has to go off to battle. Pretty Please.
We slept over at Granny B's place that night after the festivities. The next day we had a mini birthday party for Libbers. Lorna made brownies and we had ice cream. Lib got some great new dance gear. She was very very excited!
Gage enjoyed his ice cream...
On Sunday, I volunteered to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about my great great great great Grandfather, Dan Jones.
He was an amazing missionary during early Church history and a good friend to Joseph Smith.
President Hinkley gave a great talk on the Legacy of Dan Jones that you can read on lds.org.
I feel lucky to be part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
I think the talk went well. The kids got soaking wet in the nursery while I was speaking so we had to sneak out early from the rest of the meeting. Serves me right for speaking while Cord was away!
I got to have my grrrrrreat friend Natalie over for lunch on Monday. We had invited some of our other good friends from High School over to join us too. Some of the gals ended up having conflicts, but our friend Sydni came and it was so good to catch up and see her little girl. Time sure goes by, but people don't really change! It is great. I am excited to have Nat move closer to home so we can go camping together! Maybe next year...
The kids...
I spent quite a bit of time hanging out with my sis Rachelle this week. We had two sleepovers at my parent's house while they are away on vacation. We saw some pretty silly movies, walked down to Jakes Over the Top for milkshakes, ate popcorn at Target, and all sorts of fun stuff. :)
Wednesday was Libby's Birthday! Yeah Libby.
She is six years old. Me and the kids were all sleeping in my parents bed and when she woke up she said, "Natalie, I can't believe I am six years old!" I can't believe it either!
Libby couldn't wait to open her presents, so I let her open one on our way to her party!
She is a little present lover. This girl likes gifts! :)
We collected a group of friends and cousins to go down to the Kangaroo Zoo in SLC.
The kids had the place to themselves, so they got to run and play and bounce without any one else to get in the way. They had a great time. Libby was, of course, most interested in when she could open the rest of her presents. :) That silly goose. I know what to do to make her happy. Wrap something in shiny paper! She was in heaven.
After we were done bouncing we headed over to Matt and Brooke's house for some lunch.
We had some great taco salads and Cindee made guacamole. It was tasty.
And of course, CUPCAKES!
Libby is like a gold star child. She is so responsible, and fun, and smart, and talented. I enjoy spending time with her and listening to her questions, and watching her discover new things.
She is one of a kind. We are so lucky to have her in our family!
She got a new Barbie "i phone" and spent the afternoon making important calls and snapping fake pictures of people.
Here is the one she was taking in that photo above.
(I snapped a pic with my real camera too)
Pretty good shot of some cute little boys! :)
So...we've been keeping busy. Are you ready to see what Cord has been up to? ? ?
Maybe tomorrow. I gotta go see why the kids are being so quiet. Hummmm....
Maybe tomorrow. I gotta go see why the kids are being so quiet. Hummmm....


1 comment:
Wow, sounds like you did seriously keep busy while Cord was gone! Happy Birthday to Libby. First grade, here she comes :)
Post a Comment