Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Tiny One is Less Tiny

Sometimes I refer to Natalie as The Tiny One. 
She is just such a little sprite.  
Today, however, she is less tiny.  She is now four years old.  
I repeat, four years old.

(Nat just came in with a tape measure, so we just found her height at 39 inches.)  

Last night, we got the crew together at Fat Cats to do some serious partying.
But, first.  We baked.  And fried.  And decorated.



Natty wanted a Barbie cake.  But, when we couldn't find any cute barbie things to go on top we decided a lalaloopsy cake would be so much better.  So, natty got a new little doll and we ended up with a cute little cake.

The mini cupcakes we made stuck to the pans, so we resorted to Plan B and turned them into a strawberry trifle.  It was certainly a way to make lemonade out of lemons, so to speak.  Can't go wrong with a trifle.  No pics though...

I found a 'krispe kreame' donuts recipe online, and I think they turned out quite delicious.  Natalie helped dip almost all of them in the glaze.  I am afraid to admit that she licked her fingers after each one.  :)  We don't have food handlers permits around these parts.

After the taste testing was finished we cleaned ourselves up and headed in to town.


We had a spot by the lanes that was decorated for the party.
There were pink and purple balloons and a big bowling pin that said Nat's name.
To start things off, the kids all did some bowling.

 

It seemed like Corey and Gage enjoyed it the most.
They took turns pushing the ball down the ramp.
 

We all love this cute birthday girl.
They announced her name over the intercom 
and we all said a big group Happy Birthday to her.
Then she opened her presents!

 

 After we had a bit of dessert, the kids went wild in the rest of the place.
It was Cord's nightmare trying to keep track of all our children!

Libby was a champ at the bumper cars.
You should have seen that girl drive!

 

We had a whole pile of tokens to use at the arcade.
The kids ended up with plenty of loot at the end of the night.



They should have taken the "deal."
 

Gage spent a lot of that time finishing off everyone's root beer.
 

I think all of the kids had a great time, and it was fun being together to celebrate.
It was quite late before we dragged our troops home.
Natalie was as happy as a clam.

After we all thouroughly washed our hands, we played with Natty's new treasures for a bit.
I think she got everything a little girl could dream of.


Happy Birthday to my Tiny Nat!  We love you to bits and pieces!


5 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

Love that Tiny Nat! :-)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Looks like an amazing little get together! I love places where the kids just have so much fun :) I seriously want your doughnut recipe!!!!! They look amazing! And the cake turned out so cute too :) Happy Birthday to Nat. Can you believe our girls are 4?!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Happy Birthday Natalie. Love and kisses from your other cousins too...the Evans.

Sharstin said...

now that is a fun bash! cute lil Nat--what a doll. I love her cake too--darling!

Natalie said...

Happy b-day little Natalie! 4 is a big step into the big girl world!