Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nighty Night


Do you ever feel so good inside that it actually hurts a little bit.
It is like your guts can't handle the happiness?

I felt like that tonight.
Gage and I were reading together in his room.
(He loves to read books, and would choose story after story after story,
if I let him.)
Anywho, I was getting sleepy, so I told him that I needed
to lay down for a minute and rest.
So, I did.

And then that thing happened.  The bursting/hurting/happy feeling.
Why? 
Because, that sweet little boy began to do the night-time ritual for me.

He went downstairs and got his favorite blanket to cover me with.
He brought me his "baby" seahorse and pushed the belly to start the soothing music.
He got a little stool and rescued  the rest of the "gang" out of his crib 
to arrange around my head "just-so"-- 
Choo-choo, turtle and bear were all involved.
He went into Natalie's room and swiped a pillow for my head
and brought in an extra blanket for good measure.

During this whole process, my sweet baby boy, was so gentle.
He kissed me.  He tucked the blanket over my shoulder.
He scooted the seahorse a little closer to my face so I could see it's glowing belly.
He got me a sippy of water.
I didn't ask for a thing.
And, as he slowly closed the door, he blew me a kiss.
And--whispered, "Night, Night..."


I love him so much it hurts.
And, as I laid on his bedroom floor surrounded by his favorite things,
I felt so special.


So, a few minutes ago--I got to return the favor.
I hope he feels as special as I did.
I think perhaps, he does.  And, that too, makes me happy.
With each kiss and each gentle bedtime tuck-in, he feels my love.



 Being a mom is pretty fantastic.






5 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

That is the sweetest story! :-) What a cutie.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Gage IS pretty fantastic! And being a mom, is the BEST!! What fun :)

behoxer said...

I love this!

Critt & Britt said...

Beyond Sweet. What a cute boy and some seriously amazing blue eyes.

Brooke said...

Oh so sweet! What would we do without all those wonderful blessings?