Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Living the Music

Have you ever wondered why Christmas music is so comforting?
Why some radio stations play it nonstop for two entire months?
How just hearing the classic tunes, can put you into a state of happiness and contentment?
I think it is because the lyrics are so true.  They make you remember the true magic and love of the Season.
Sometimes, as I go through the Holidays my life feels a bit like the words to the carols.
And I feel lucky.  
And it makes me want to hum along...

 ****

This past Sunday was full of Christmas Music.
First, we started with touring the Christmas Village lights downtown.
And, really, it was beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
The tree in the park as well, was just stunning.

  
Even without the snow, it was still a Winter Wonderland.


 The kids ran from house to house to discover the magic inside the tiny windows.
Cory and Libby literally skipped along one of the streets.
And, to be honest, I felt a bit like skipping as well.
It is just so cheerful.

  



Little Gage was a bundle of softness
-all snuggled up!
Baby, It's Cold Outside!

 

 Even without literal Silver Bells,
it was certainly Christmas time in the city 
with the city sidewalks, busy sidewalks
Dressed in holiday style.
In the air there's a feeling of Christmas.
Children laughing, People passing
Meeting smile after smile...

Although, I am not sure if Christmas Day can come soon enough for 
these little ones.  They can't wait for Jolly ole' St. Nick to slide down the chimney.


And really, there is no place like home for the holidays,
because what makes Christmas really special is being with the ones you love.
And we love these people!


Once we could no longer feel our finger or our toes, 
we headed over to Granny B's house for soup, breadsticks, and hot cocoa.

After we ate, we did our own rocking around the Christmas tree,
as we sang carols together as a family.
I bet we sang for over an hour.
(Caroling, caroling now we go...)
Jen played the piano and the kids danced, as we caroled away in the living room.

I love singing songs of the Season.  
But, to be honest, I like living them even more.

Happy Holidays.


3 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

It was such a fun night wasn't it! I told Chris, that I could have walked around the park for hours! It was just so magical and amazing :) I am really enjoying all of these wonderful activities and don't want it to end!

Natalie said...

Love it!! You are such a fabulous writer!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

It was grand, wasn't it? I loved listening to everyone sing together. And it was fun hearing the kids sing and dance and get so excited. Definitley need to change the 'share' to 'sing' as a permanent part of our annual tradition. It was great!