Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nesting

See all those cute little piles of grass?


Pretty sure this is not what my "What to Expect When Your Expecting" book meant by the pregnant woman's nesting instinct.

Cord and I spent the day yesterday power raking the yard and then raking up all the dead grass.


It was a lot of work. :)


Here is the final "nest." This was after we had filled three huge garbage cans full!


I hope our grass is happy. I want to spend a lot of time in our backyard this summer. I am hoping for nice soft green grass. Step one is complete!

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

6 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, that does look like a lot of work! What a great backyard! I hope we can have a nice fenced in backyard someday :) A great deck, and fun trees! You look great every time I see you! Cute hair at Camber's party!!

Sharstin said...

holy pile of grass!! that is a lot of work--but I am sure it will make for some fabulous backyard fun!

Jessie Jo said...

Wow! You are motivating me to get out and work in the yard. Can't wait to see it in the summer.

Kara said...

Good job I was trying to help Brandon with all of our leaves and didn't make it too far! I am sure your grass thanks you:)

I'm Jenny said...

Hurray for Spring Clean Up! Even more Hurray for Spring!!

Eichmeiers said...

Oh my, that is a lot of grass! Good work:) Your backyard is big, that will be way fun for summer! Can't wait for warmth!!