Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Who needs Gymboree?

Yesterday, I took the girls out Christmas shopping. Fun right? Well, after visiting one store for over an hour I didn't have a thing in my cart. (We did however enjoy some tasty doughnuts and chocolate milk!) With the yummy snack in my belly, I suddenly realized that I was never going to get anything done with Libby and Natalie along.

Luckily, my mom "volunteered" to watch them so I could continue swiping my credit card on my own. Why didn't I think of that sooner? I was able to get a TON of my shopping done. It was so nice browsing around the isles of the stores without any distractions. I didn't have to watch out for anyone but myself. It felt so foreign.

Of course, a day spent with Grandma is not one that involves much lounging around. My mom is a girl who works, works, works. I arrived back at her house to find her and Libby finishing up the final touches to this new little ensemble that she had just "whipped up" real quick! Libby was pretty impressed with her new dress and matching backpack! She was so proud of it.



Isn't that backpack so cute? My mom is going to make Natty one too...because the little girl won't give it back to Libby.


Oh yeah, they also made a quick pair of pink fleece pajama pants too. What? I know. She's amazing. I was only gone for a few hours. :)

I am one lucky girl. My mom is the best.

6 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

Wow! That is seriously awesome! Love the backpack. Sooo cute! Mom's are wonderful!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

I guess Abby did a good job picking out a gift for Natters. Part of it includes a backpack just her size. Shhhh.....don't tell her. :-) Can't wait for her to open her gift when we see you all on Christmas.....from this post I know she'll LOVE it.

~adelle said...

Oh, I am sure she will love it Jen. Natalie is all about the backpack right now. :) I am getting excited for Christmas too! It is getting close...

Sharstin said...

what a cute little backpack! wow!~ your mom is amazing! and I will agree shopping goes by so much faster and easier without the little ones:)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Crazy! I can't believe they made all that stuff so fast. I love shopping by myself. You can get so much more stuff done in a short amount of time :)

I'm Jenny said...

Yes - she is amazing and the best.