Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sleeping Beauty's and Decorating

I think small things are so darn cute! Anything miniature makes me smile. So, a few weeks ago I did a little exchange with my Dad. I helped him produce a video and in return he bought this adorable couch and chair set for my little girlies. They LOVE it! It is so fun to watch them play and sit on them. Cord and I decided it was a great way to make the room a true "family room."


They must be pretty relaxing...


I figured this would be a good time to post a few pictures of the updates on my house...

We have almost lived here for a whole year already! Where does the time go? Since I am not a master decorator, I asked my lovely and talented sister-in-law Brooke to give me some ideas on how to decorate the main level of our house. It is still a work in progress. We need some art work and accent pieces etc etc, but you'll get the idea!

I really like how it is turning out. It feels really fresh and calm and happy. It feels good here.


Here is the living room. The fabric I used to make the pillows was from Heather Bailey. I really liked it, so fun and bright.


Brooke came up one day and we white-washed the wood around the fireplace. It was kind of a dated brown before. I really like how "costal" it feels now. :)


This is my new chair. It makes me happy.


Cord built me this cornice box for the window and we covered it with some fabric to give it personality! Cord is always willing to bust out his tools for all my projects!


Here is the kitchen view of the window and also the curtains I made for the door.


Aren't they cheery?

The trickiest part was figuring out the grommets!


Found these bowls and thought they fit together nicely. The kids keep asking if they can eat the pears. They must look pretty real! Yum.

Anyway, I will post a few final photos when I get it totally finished! ~adelle

9 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

My word! You have been a busy little lady, it looks wonderful! I love it!!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Adelle, it looks really good! Love the tiny matching couches your girls have :) I just ordered some fabric to cover the pillows on my couches downstairs. I'm going to do some similar to yours. I think that will be my first sewing project with my new machine. Can't wait. Your house does feel relaxing and fresh! Sooooo Cute!!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Love the little furniture. Where in the world did you/your Dad find them?

Wendy Pippin said...

Your house looks so great- I love all the different fabric. I love doing projects- then everyday looking at them and thinking "I did that!" what a great feeling!

I'm Jenny said...

Very Beautiful and Fresh. Just like you!

Sharstin said...

it's so cute! love your yellow chair :) the little couch set is darling--especially with your two little girlies sleeping on them!

The Picketts said...

Your house looks so inviting! And I love the little furniture! So darling!

Natalie said...

So I don't think you can even kind of say you're not a master decorator! Your house could be in a magazine...it is so CUTE!! I LOVE everything about it! The mini stuff is darling especially with those two little ones sleeping on it! You never cease to amaze me.

The Green's said...

Wow! You are quite talented Adelle. I love the look of your home.