I lost that when I graduated. Instead of studying business and marketing, I am now getting schooled on parenting and wifeing. It is hard work. It takes most of my time and energy. There are no teachers to give me lectures and assignments. It is kind of Independent Study. I love it. The only thing I really need are some grades. I mean, it is hard to know how I am doing. Are my kids learning enough? Are they feeling emotionally secure? Are they learning how to be good and honest people? Do they know how much I love them? Am I preparing them to enter the world? Is my husband happy? Does he really like my cooking? Is our house clean enough? Am I a wife he can be proud of? All these questions...
Well, I just got some great news. Moms DO get report cards!!! It is wonderful. It happens on Mothers Day. The grades come. Mother's Day is report card day.
This year, I got A's....
I had such a great day on Sunday. I had already received some nice gifts over the weekend, a whole expensive collection of new make-up to make me look and feel a little more pretty, and a fabulous new contoured pillow to help me sleep more soundly and comfortably! Needless to say, I was feeling very loved and spoiled. On Mother's Day morning, I got two very special cards. One from Libby and one from Cord. Libby was sooooooo excited to give them to me. She was bursting. It was darling. They were so nice, and so full of wonderful words. I was tingling after reading them. I felt so special. It was like they were full of little "A" Cheerleaders. They were chanting, "5, 6, 7, 8, who do we appreciate, MOM, MOM!" and "That mom, she's our girl, she's the BEST in all the World!" I have my "report cards" up on my fridge. They are there to remind me that I am doing a good job.
The rest of the day was lovely. Church was awesome. I was so full of happiness already, it just continued to add. We had a relaxing afternoon. Cord's family came over for dinner and everyone enjoyed the meal. It was nice.
My family is my life right now. I am so glad that they are happy I am part of theirs'.
5 comments:
YOU ARE A GREAT MOM! Absolutely no question. And Cord is the luckiest guy around to have you as a wife!! I hope he knows that!! If he doesn't, I can remind him! I am so glad you had a great Mother's Day.
Adelle I loved reading through that!! That analogy was awesome!!
I second that you are a great mom and wife!!
Well, you are definitely a GREAT cook! he..he.. and I really need that recipe for your awesome rolls :) Even if you have to write one!! And I know you are a great Mom, and Wife! Yeah for those report cards!!!
Oh...the title of this post gave me nightmares. I hated report card time. Even if it was all A's. And now I see Doug in the thick of it all and how stressful it is.
You're a great mom....glad you got a good report on Mother's Day. You deserve it. Glad you joined our ranks so we have another great woman in the family. :-)
A+
Post a Comment