Thursday, January 8, 2009

Roughing It

We had the chance to spend some time at Cord's uncle's cabin this past week. There is nothing better than roughing it in the mountains! (ha ha, a little joke. The cabin is actually nicer than most houses...) We spent our time playing in the snow, playing games, eating very yummy meals, and just taking it easy! Here is a little dialog and some pictures from the trip. I always post too many, I know. I just can't help it. There are too many to choose from!

Did you ever have to write one of those "Fortunately / Unfortunately Books" in school? That is kind of how the trip started out. . .

Fortunately, we were all packed and merrily on our way to the cabin.

Unfortunately, Libby got carsick and threw-up.


Fortunately, most of it got on her blanket so it was pretty easy to clean up.


Unfortunately, dealing with the mess, made me sick for the rest of the day.


Fortunately, I got feeling better eventually and we were able to enjoy all this fun stuff...


Four-Wheeling in the snow.
Taking the girls sledding.
Snowmobiling!
Hanging out with all the girls.

Playing Block'us. This game was cause for much fun and much contention...
Listening to the Universtiy of Utah Bowl Game...kind of. The reception wasn't great, but we tried!
Making Natalie laugh...or is it the other way around?
Playing with "friends" all day long.

Fortunately, it ended up being a great trip. I love being at the cabin because it perfectly acceptable to spend all day long hanging out with Cord and not doing anything too responsible.

(Thanks to Dennis and Shelley for inviting us!) :)

6 comments:

The Gidley's said...

Fortunetly, I read your blog and enjoyed the trip also. :) When I was little I ALWAYS got car sick. (Uck!) NOT FUN for everyone in the car.

Love Ya ~ Aunt Diane

Paparazzi Boutique said...

It was a great trip, wasn't it? So fun to be with you all. I think Natalie was the hit of the whole trip. Thanks for sharing these great pictures.

I'm Jenny said...

Looks like tons of fun!! I love the one of Natalie laughing! It totally made me laugh! BTW - Lovin' your feet pics. Another something we have in common!!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Man, looks like we missed out on some fun! But, Fortunetly, we had some fun of our own too :) I love the pics of your little family out in the snow!!

Monday, I'm bringing the girls up to mom's around noon or so. Mom is watching them so Chris and I can go to dinner and the Jazz game. If you want to come over for a little bit, the girls could hang out. Give me a call :)

Sharstin said...

looks like lots of fun! cute picts

Jarrett Family said...

I love going to cabins! It's the best! Well sounds like it turned out to be a great trip! We need to hang out with you guys. It has been too long and your christmas party was way fun. Annabelle didn't want to leave the dance floor the whole night! She for sure can get down :)!