Friday, July 24, 2015

Thirty Three

It seems like I get a little bit older every year.  I guess that's just how it works.

I'm not complaining about it though.  Every day I live I get to experience so many amazing things.  I watch my kids learn about the world as we explore it together.  I create fun crafts for work.  I dance with adorable girls and get paid for it.  I start my days with walks in our beautiful neighborhood with my friends and end the day with a back rub from my best friend.  I always have a tiny hand to hold or a soft cheek to kiss.  Each and every day is a gift.  My birthday helps me to remember how blessed I truly am.

My birthday week was a great one!  I have to have a birthday week, because how could anyone possibly squeeze enough celebrating into ONE day???  I wouldn't want to try that.

Friday, I went to lunch with my sisters and parents.  We ate at Rachelle's new work so she could join us on her lunch break.  It was a nice lunch and we were the only people there, so we were treated mighty fine.  We all got birthday cake on the house!  It was great.  



That night, we headed over to Cord's parents house for a celebration for Brent.  We had a nice dinner and I got to make a fun little birthday treat for him.  It is always a joy to create tasty things in the kitchen.  We stayed up late and sat and talked around the campfire.  The kids all ran around the yard.  The girl's made up cheers and performed them for us.



I swiped the picture from Brighton!  She was taking some panoramic photos of our group and Dax and Nicholas thought it would be funny to be in the photo more than once!  Pretty sneaky...


Saturday, Cord and I got to attend a very extra special event!!  Caden was able to attend the Ogden Temple for the first time and we were there to celebrate with him and our family.  I don't get to the temple as often as I should, so I really enjoyed it.  I was sitting between Brooke and Jenn during the session and it made my heart so happy to be there with my sisters!  After we finished at the temple we headed over to Slackwater and had a nice dinner by the river.  It was great adult time.  Lorna watched our kids so we could go.  YAY!



Sunday, was my actual birthday.  I felt like I had already been celebrating for 72 hours.  But...there was more fun in store for me.  The morning was filled with getting ready for church.  But, after church, Cord surprised me with a whole bunch of new clothes.  He was so cute to go shopping for me.  I was very impressed with his selection of clothes.  Luckily, most everything fit too.  (I better start holding off on all of the yummy treats that are everywhere or else they wont fit for long!)  

That afternoon, we went to my parents house and my mom made us some dinner and, more importantly, she made me birthday pie.  Honestly, my mom makes the best pie on the planet.  It just melts in your mouth and is so stinking delicious.  I had a hard time sharing a slice with anyone.  Luckily, she made two very big pies.  What a smart mama.


After we ate, Cord and I watched a movie while the kids played with their cousins.  (I was kinda itching for some down time.)  Then, we headed over to the park to watch my birthday fireworks.  Pretty much everyone from Ogden and the surrounding areas came to my party.  It was very nice of them.   I think I actually shared the event with the Pioneers....but, it was nice all the same!

It was a very HAPPY HAPPY birthday.

And, to keep the party rolling, on Monday I got another date with Cord.  We headed down to Bountiful to eat dinner with all his High School buddies.  His friends Chris and James are getting married.  Not to each other.  That would be creepy.  But to two very nice gals.  :)  It was a nice night to chat and catch up with the crew.  Cindee was awesome and watched the kids for us.  The girls even came home with cash in their pockets. They love helping Aunt Cindee.  She is a generous boss.

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Birthday indeed!! :)