I took a bunch of pictures of my Little Mermaids and their new tail towels that we made for the trip.
The kids had fun playing at the beach. We had one really nice long warm beach day (excluding some wind!) and two other mini trips to the beach on other days. They liked the mini lakes in the sand and also playing on the boats. Gage rode his kayak all the way out to the bouy.
You need pretty good balance skills to play catch on the paddle board.
He loves to play in the sand!
Quite the crew out on the water!
Cord and my paddle board commercial shot. ;)
We love our water toys. I love how cute my husband is. :)
I brought my Bear Lake Raspberry Jam to use in our picnic. Perfect right?
We spent one morning up at Minnetonka Cave. We got up early so we could be the first ones there. It turned out to be a perfect time to go on the cave tour. We sneaked into the first group of tourists so we had the cave all to ourselves. It was raining all morning, so we were able to find a spot away from the wetness. The kids hiked really well through the whole tour. Even little Ollie was able to walk most of the time. The world is a pretty fantastic place to explore!
My phone pictures don't really do it justice....

I think Gage and Natty look so much alike in this picture. It won't be long before Gage is as big as she is!
We went for a short little hike through the woods after our cave tour. The forest was wet from the morning rain. It felt so magical with the water drops on the leaves and the soft forest floor. When the sun shone through the clouds and poured rays of light through the trees, it was simply spectacular.
We found a beautiful place to have lunch that afternoon before we drove back into town. Gage and Oliver made little forts all over in the trees. We shared our picnic with a few fat squirrels. It was one of the best parts of our whole vacation. I think it was because the place was so quiet and the scenery was amazing.
These two are such cute brothers!!
Gage tucked his arms into his vest and ran around chasing Oliver. They both thought it was hilarious.
That afternoon, we walked around downtown Garden City. The kids picked out souvenirs and we got a few shakes to share. We ate our shakes at the park and watched Cord and Gage play with their new parachute. I wish I took better photos of all our activities, but I was able to get a few from Brighton.
The girls all picked out matching mood rings. I think they were in the mood to buy cute things. :)
We did other fun stuff as well! We went swimming at Granny's pool at the Worldmark, we made miniature s'mores over the campfire with tiny marshmallows and little bitty cookies, we made tin foil dinners, went for bike rides around the campground, played Apples to Apples, and enjoyed being with siblings and cousins. The kids were busy, busy, busy, the whole time. I love watching them play and have fun. It makes me happy to see them happy!
We love Bear Lake and spending time together!!!














































1 comment:
It was a fun trip. I LOVE summer! Cute Pics :)
Post a Comment