Friday, February 6, 2015

Magic Weekend

Last weekend we had the chance to spend time with the Belnap crew at East Canyon.  Lorna rented condos for everyone to stay in.  Cord, the kids, and I were in our own little place.  We even got to sleep in a king bed.  It was great!  Ok, so "sleep" is exaggerating it a bit.  I was sick and so was Oliver.  So, we didn't do much sleeping!  But, it was a nice thought anyway.

The best part of the whole weekend was the magic.  Brent's cousin Susan is married to a magician!  Bruce is a hilarious and fun guy who charmed us with his tricks and jokes and entertainment!  He kept the kids on the edge of their seats!  We had a mini magic show on Friday night and then a big show on Saturday afternoon.  Cord's parents rented the lodge for our event.  We had a big dance party with DJ Dax.  Then were entertained by magic.  We rounded things up with a tasty pot luck lunch and a karaoke party.  Ollie and I spent the rest of the day taking a nap to shake our nasty colds!

The kids played with their cousins the whole time.  I hardly saw their cute little faces.  Grandpa gave them each $5 to spend at the little store, so they were delighted.

On Sunday evening, we watched the Super Bowl with Dax and Monica.  Then, we headed home.  We are always grateful to Brent and Lorna for their generosity.  We enjoy family time!



1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

It was a really fun weekend for sure! I enjoyed it :) Loved Karaoke and our fun walk Saturday. Didn't know you weren't feeling well. I didn't see my girls hardly at all. I had to come home to see them! :)