We got to visit Knotts Berry Farm for the first time on our California Trip this fall. It was seriously so much of a great surprise. We got lucky and visited the park on a day that was very slow. We felt like the only people in the entire place! Allison and Savana walked on all of the big roller coasters without waiting in one line. Sometimes they were the only people on it. My little crew was in heaven at Camp Snoopy. It is the little kid area of the park. The rides were all so age appropriate and fun for them. Camp Snoopy was renovated this year, so many of the rides were new and the whole kiddie land was clean and beautiful. We seriously had the best day!! Gage kept asking me, "Can we do this again?"
Oliver was not interested in getting anywhere near Snoopy! I thought the big white dog was pretty cute.
There was a cute little play area where Oliver had a chance to run around an climb and crawl and get his little boy wiggles out! He loved all of the rides as well.
These little trains were one of my favorite things about the whole park. The kids loved pumping the sticks to power themselves along the track. Even Oliver could do it.
We spent some time in the other areas of the park as well. The kids did the log ride and a big train ride. We got to go on a real stagecoach as well. Cord went on some of the big roller coasters with Savana and I took the rest of the crew on a train ride through the park. We were rolling along enjoying our train car, when suddenly a group of robbers burt into the train. They were holding guns and wearing scarfs over their faces. Gage freaked out and started crying. It felt really real. Even Oliver climbed up on my lap and put his face in my shirt. The robbers kept yelling, "What's in your bags?" "Do you have trash or cash?" I told the kids, "It's not real. They are pretending!" Gage responded back, "Then why did they bring REAL guns?" It was very exciting.
I let Gage and Natalie go on the big boat ride, like the Tidal Wave at Lagoon. I didn't realize how high it went and how scary it would be! There weren't any lines, so we didn't even watch it go before they hopped on. Oh, they were so terrified. Allison and Savana had to keep them in their seats and gave them hugs until it was over. It was one of those moments when I thought perhaps I am not the best of moms. :) I wish you could see their faces better in the photo. Natalie was bent over gripping the bar for dear life, and Gage's face was sheer terror! Needless to say, they were happy to return to Camp Snoopy for another round of kiddie rides. I was happy to oblige.
We had a really awesome day. The weather was perfect and the kids were so happy. I seriously love vacations!! I was so glad that Get Away Today had recommend Knotts Berry Farm. I would go again in a heartbeat!











1 comment:
That sounds like a fun day. I've never been to Knottsberry Farm, so maybe that is something to consider someday. Fun fun fun!!
Post a Comment