I made the kids each a fabric Mailbox for their Easter gift this year. It was so fun to sew them in secret and to stuff them with Easter goodies. I think they were a success! So far this week, I have seen the mailboxes get filled with love notes, treats, toys, jewelry, and all sorts of fun packages. The kids love to see their flag up--signaling a delivery has been made!
We picked out some new church attire for the big day. The girl's enjoyed dressing up. Gage...not so much! He wanted to wear his b-ball shorts and no shirt. Cord was patient with the little guy and eventually he ended up dressed! They sure do clean up nice.
Libby snapped a quick picture of me and my handsome hubby. The kids slept over at my mom's house on Friday night and Cord and I went shopping. I got some new clothes and some other things that I have been wanting for awhile. Yay! It was nice to go out together...
I like going to Church on Easter Sunday. It is extra special. Everyone looks so cute in their new dresses and, even more important, the lessons are usually focused on Jesus. I am so glad that he was brave enough to save us all. I feel so blessed to have a testimony of the Gospel and to know that my family can live again--together!
After church, the girl's and I put on our Easter Hats and played in the backyard. These are my best little ladies! I love them sooooo much.
Then, we headed off to Granny and Grampy's house for an Easter Barbeque and Hunt. We don't get together all that often anymore and the kids were so excited to see their cousins. We had a great dinner with all sorts of salads and yummy fixin's to choose from.
All of the little's got to decorate an Easter Bag for the Hunt. Isn't it a great group?!
Cord led them into the front yard and they ran around collecting eggs!
Grammy and Grampy gave all the kids some toys too.
Everyone had fun playing with their loot!
It was a nice evening for sure.
Last Sunday, we had an Easter Egg Hunt with the Dennis Crew.
There was plenty of Easter Fun to be had there as well.
We had a big ole' yummy dinner. Cindee put together a two-day brisket! Everyone brought along something tasty to add to the spread. I attempted to make these bunny rolls that I saw on Pinterest. They were a great idea! It provided some good material for the jokesters in the family when they came out of the oven looking like hamsters. Ah well....
Here are all of the hunters! I can't believe how big everyone is getting.
There were plenty of great prizes to buy at the Easter Store. The kids love trading in their tickets for stuff. I think it is a great tradition.
Instead of coloring traditional Easter Eggs, we decided to "color" Easter Eggs...Chalk Eggs that is!
Uncle Ryan cut out a bunch of egg-shaped wood for me at his wood shop and then Gage, Natalie and I painted them with chalkboard paint.
The kids got to decorate their eggs with chalk. It was nice twist.
I saved them so we can do it again next year.
We had a very nice Easter Celebration.
Happy Spring!






















3 comments:
I am loving Easter more and more. It's my girls FAVORITE Holiday. They had been counting down for about a month! Love that you tried those bunny rolls. I've heard that the ears don't really work out. Love your chalk board Eggs! What a great idea!! And YES, we seriously need to make time to get together a lot more often :)
P.S. Love the mailboxes too! You are so crafty!! Did you have a pattern, or make them up?
That picture of Little Natty at the end is my favorite.
What a fun celebrations you've had!! Happy spring!
Post a Comment