Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nine

Nine years ago today I woke up as Adelle Belnap for the first time.
It feels like yesterday.

Cord said last night at dinner that he is positive the grass isn't any greener anywhere else.
I agree.  We have it pretty good.  Our grass is green and wonderful!

I get spoiled with back rubs.  
He gets dinner hot and ready when he arrives home from work.
I get the laundry moved from the washer to the drier.  (I hate that job because it hurts my hands.)
He gets wholehearted support for training and races.
I get my car filled up with gas.
He gets to sleep through the night.
I get a kiss on the cheek as he leaves for work.
He gets an I love you.

I secretly order him some cool new backpacking gear.
He secretly buys me a cute day pack full of safety gear for hiking.
We are both excited to get out and use our new stuff!


Marriage is such a wonderful thing.
We take care of each other.
We are happy.


We decided to shoot for another nine years.
I think it is going to be a breeze.

 

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Marriage IS a wonderful thing. I wouldn't want to go back to being single, that's for sure! Can you believe we're both working on year number TEN! Yay :)