We finally got some more good snow this past weekend.
It caused plenty of traffic issues, closed schools, and put our heaters to the test,
but the kids thought it was pretty fantastic.
Natalie and Gage spend most of their time out in the yard eating snow and licking ice cycles.
No matter how many times I have told them it is gross, they continue to fill up on the white stuff.
Daddy has helped build them a snow tubing track.
They play on the swings.
They make tracks in the snow and lay down to make snow angels.
They dig with the shovels.
And they come in freezing cold asking for hot chocolate!
I couldn't resist this picture with their rosy cheeks.
Their faces were seriously freezing!
I think it is becuase I caught them both laying face first in the snow...
eating it of course!

I have mixed feelings about January.
It is so cold (BELOW FREEZING), the air is crappy, and there isn't a whole lot going on.
But, we have actually been having quite a bit of fun in spite of that.
I made a baby quilt for the new little sprout.
It was fun to cut and design and sew and think about the tiny person that I get to snuggle in it!
I have organized the baby room and washed and folded all of the little clothes.
I can't believe how small they are!
Cord built some great shelves for the closet, so everything fits perfectly.
Gage has finally started sleeping pretty good in his toddler bed, so the crib is free.
I hope the boys make good roommates!
I had a chance to see Les' Miserables with my book group girls.
It was such a powerful movie. I cried through the whole thing!
My mom invited the girls over for a sleepover!
They played Uno and CandyLand. They made waffles.
Grandpa made popcorn and they watched a movie.
They slept with Grandma in her big bed.
My kids are pretty spoiled.
Cord and I went on TWO dates in a row.
I think that might be a record.
We went out to dinner with just us and Gage.
Gage was so stinking cute the whole time.
Cord and I just alternated giving him kisses. It was just impossible not to!
Even the waitress commented on how well behaved he was.
After dinner we got some Twizzlers and watched a movie.
Gage held my hand.
The next night, cute Savana came over and watched the kids
so we could go to the movies with Ryan and Eva.
I think the kids had as much fun as we did with their cousin!
They got fancy hair do's, played, drank hot cocoa, and watched Netflix.
I had to claw Natalie out of Savana's arms when it was time for her to go!
I got to spend the evening sitting next to my best buddy, drinking out of our Movie Mugs,
snacking on Sour Patch Kids, being entertained by The Hobbit and chatting with Ryan and Eva.
It was a nice night out for sure.
So, it is cold.
We have another inversion settling in.
I am uncomfortable and huge.
But, we are making the most of it!
I think as long as there are people to love and warm places to snuggle
we will make it until spring!
I hope.

1 comment:
I have seriously been slacking in the blog department. Still can't decide weather I want to pay a monthly fee, or quit or what? So, I had to catch up on my blog reading. Congrats on the two dates :) I love date night!!!
Post a Comment