Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reflections

I didn't get a chance to really focus on Conference this past weekend.  We had Cord's grandma's funeral on Saturday and then on Sunday I was in charge of five small children and they really just sort of took over the house.  It was all I could do to keep everyone wiped, fed, and out of mischief.   

But, lucky for me, we live in a world where General Conference talks are available at the click of a button 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  So, yesterday as I tackled my seemingly endless loads of laundry, I got to pick out a few talks, and listen, and fold, and listen, and reflect.

I tell you what!  Nothing puts things into perspective faster than a talk or two from the apostles.  The world starts to fade away and the real stuff comes charging back into view.  And I admit.  I need the guidance and the reminders.   Hopefully, I can put their words into action.  That is the ultimate goal...



Tonight as I sat on the couch watching The Lucky One with Gage beside me as he watched Rio on the iPad, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.  Why is my life overflowing with goodness and blessings?  Why do I get to listen to Gage chatter on about his Birthday and what he is going to get Natalie for her Birthday, and meet little Libby at the corner on her way home from school each afternoon with her big ole backpack bouncing up and down and a big ole smile for Mommy, and steal secret moments watching Natalie pretend play with her new barbie dolls--to hear her talk about princesses and knights and magic castles, and to feel tiny kicks in my growing belly and imagine stretching my heart to hold that much more love for another little tiny boy...it is almost overwhelming.

I am just so lucky.  I want my kids to know that life is not always easy, but living the gospel is always worth it.

I thought I would share a few pics that my sister took of my family up at the yacht club this spring.  It is such a beautiful place!  Big thanks to Jen for her efforts to make my children hold still, smile, and look at the camera.  An almost impossible feat!










  

 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Those pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS!! Such a beautiful family. Congrats on a boy! Yeah for joy.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

What a great idea to have your pics taken at the yacht club! I might have to be a copy cat someday. Love the boats in the background. Super awesome pictures!!