Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Camp Without Tents

Me: Lib, you get to go to Dance Camp this week!
Lib (in a very excited voice): We get to sleep over in tents!

Well...not exactly, but even without the tents, they still had a rockin' great time.

Her dance group is going to perform at some football half-time shows this fall.
So they got together for three days to learn a big ole' production number.
They will do Weber High, Fremont, and maybe Weber State.  
Lib is excited because she gets POM POM's.
She keeps telling me, "Mom, I am a cheerleader now."


Typical Libby:  The first day she wore a dance skirt.  She looked just darling.  That night she said, "Mom, I can't wear a skirt tomorrow."  I asked why.  She told me, "Skirts cover up my splits." 

Well, we can't have that now can we?  A girl has got to see her splits!  The little turkey.  What am I going to do with the 50 skirts she has in her drawer?
 


 

I know I have mentioned this before, but I couldn't be more pleased with Lib's teacher.  She is so good with the girls on the dance team.  She and Lib are buddies.  On the second day of camp, she called me over to talk to her when I was dropping Lib off.  I got to experience one of those wonderful mommy moments when someone praises your child.  She went on and on about how good Libby did on the first day.  In her words, "Libby was the star of the day.  I couldn't believe how fast she caught on.  All the older girls were loving her.  When I went home my husband asked about how the day went and all I could talk about was Libby.  Really, she was so amazing..."  and on and on.  I was just beaming. 

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.  This little lady was born to dance.

Can't wait for Football to start so I can watch my "cheerleader" perform...

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds like fun! I know my girls can't wait for their dance to start. Right after Labor Day. They are so excited! Wow!!! Libby not wanting to wear a skirt? This is serious!! he..he.. :)