I figured since I spend 90% of my day in the kitchen,
it is okay to dedicate a post to food.
We buy it, cook it, eat it, spill it, clean it, and enjoy it!
I made a few plates of these mini muffins the other day to take to some neighbors. I got a new recipe for some pumpkin chocolate chip ones, and used some zucchini and bananas for the other kind. I probably spent about two+ hours making them.
They were all ready to go, I ran downstairs to do a few things before we delivered them. Not long afterwards the girls came down saying Gage had made a mess in the living room.
I went up to find this:
Luckily, he only got into one of the packages. I was wise and put the other plate up really high where he couldn't get it. So, the next day we were going to run those to the neighbor, so I grabbed the muffins and set them on the counter and dashed up stairs to get my shoes on. I came back down to the kitchen a short while later to discover Gage had, once again, discovered the muffins. They were crumpled and scattered all over the kitchen floor. AHHH. I guess it is the thought that counts?
Gage has turned into an expert climber, and he is trouble.
*******
Libby and Natalie attended their first friend birthday party the other day.
They came home talking about how fun it was and bearing a whole bag of goodies.
One of the treats they had was a handful of Sour Warhead candy.
You know the stuff. It has white power coating on it that is crazy sour.
Cord thought it would be a good idea to let Gage experience the power of a Warhead...
Poor little guy kept coming back for more. It was like he couldn't believe what he was tasting.
I kept going back and forth between feeling bad and laughing my head off!
******
Our newest snack invention! Strawberry Cones with Vanilla Yogurt Filling!
The girls eat them like mini ice cream cones. Fun, yummy, and healthy.
(Just cut a piece off the bottom to make them flat and then hollow of the middle with a knife.)
(Just cut a piece off the bottom to make them flat and then hollow of the middle with a knife.)
******
I have been doing some "product research" on gourmet cupcakes.
I want to learn how to make them with all of their crafty goodness.
Because, I think they are fantastic, but I don't want to have to pay $3.00 for a single cupcake.
It feels wrong.
I love research...
******
And finally, I will share a tip I learned out of necessity.
Gage wants to feed himself. I want the food to go into his mouth.
And, here is the solution: A straw.
It works great! Saves on mess, and lets the little man feel like a big boy!
Bon Appetit!








7 comments:
Oh my heck, can I ever relate to that first story with Gage! Soooo cute though. And those pictures of him eating those warheads are absolutely priceless.
p.s. If you're looking for someone to be a taster for those new recipes you are trying out for those cupcakes I am always available :)
LOVE the cupcake idea!! I LOVE cake :) I'll test them for you too!! :) Looks like you've been busy. I feel like I haven't seen you in a long time. Weren't we supposed to take the kids swimming? I forgot all about it.
Those cupcakes look delicious! I can totally relate with the muffin mess. Sometimes I just throw my hands in the air and say "I tried." That straw trick is a great one. I will be sharing that one.
OK...now I'm hungry. :-)
so many great ideas! love those strawberries--and your muffins sound delish:)
Those strawberry cones look so yummy and adorable. And I love the straw idea I might have to try that with yogurt!
We have the EXACT same picture of Jordan trying a war head when he was that age! So funny. And the cupcakes look divine. YUM. You are so good in the kitchen! :)
Post a Comment