Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wingin' It

My Little Bird was four when she fell asleep on Sunday night,
and woke up Monday morning as a happy five year old girl.
 
She was still in bed when she opened her first gift.  :)
Now, that's a great way to start off a birthday...
 

We had just rolled into town from spending a week in McCall Idaho,
and I didn't have any solid plans on the books for celebrating.
 
 
So, we had to wing it.

The kids have been enjoying playing Angry Birds on the ipad lately.
So, we decided to play a bit of real life Angry Birds in the yard.
I whipped up a few bean-bag birds and 
we discovered this lovely rubber band in my dad's workout kit.  
 
A perfect combo...


I think the kids enjoyed just throwing those angry birds at the target.
It was a sure bet to knock stuff over.  WHAM!


  

We made some homemade oreo's and sang to the birthday girl.
She soaked up the attention and opened some gifts from my fam.
Libby is such a sweet girl.  She was grateful for all of her presents
and was cute and cheerful and even willing to share her new stuff with her sister! 

What a gal.


I am so lucky that Libby is my girl.  I love her everyday in every way.