I learned a little lesson on living a "full" life the other day while talking to my wise older bro, Ryan.
He was reading a book about memory and how the mind works.
One section was on how our mind remembers life in events.
For example, when we look back on the last year of our life, we don't remember it day by day, we remember it by: "our trip to California" and "Dad's big promotion party" and "The raft trip down the Colorado" etc. Our memory is categorized in milestones. The more memories, the fuller it seems.
If we want to live a "fuller" life, we should break down every day living with unique experiences.
Does that make sense? It did to me.
I was like, "Yes! If we do the same thing over and over and over again, our mind just sees it as one big long blur." And lets be honest, how fun is that?
That is why when Camber emailed on Wednesday and said she had a room in Park City available, for Thursday night, I decided we should take her up on the offer. I want to create as many Events as possible for our family, so we don't get caught up in a big ole' BLUR.
The kids had a blast exploring a new place. Remember what it was like to go to a hotel when you were a kid? A total treat. You get to play with the phone on the desk, and drink out of the cups in the bathroom, and unwrap little soaps, and take home a new lotion collection, and watch a movie on the big bed with tons of pillows...
The next morning, my sis Cindee and baby Corey came up to swim in the pool with us.
Notice anything unusual on the picture?
How about SNOW???
Good thing the pool was heated to 90 degrees.
and there were three hot tubs. :)
It was a unique experience in itself. I had never swam outside in the snow before.
Kinda cool. (literally)
Afterwards, we met my folks for lunch in the city.
It was my Dad's birthday, so we celebrated with lunch and shopping at the outlets!
I have a great Dad. He has taught me a lot about living.
So...we added some fullness to our life. I like that.


5 comments:
Such cute pictures. Great memory to add to your collection, especially swimming while it snows on you.
My kids would totally dig swimming in the snow! I bet that was a blast! Cute pics. I get what you mean and that is so true, i wanna do more fun things to remember more often too! thanks Adelle:)
how fun!! I love the swimming in the snow....in may by the way....only in UTAH!!
I totally agree with this!! And you guys are always up to something fun, lots of great memories for sure:)
Very cool concept and very cute family.
Post a Comment