Monday, May 23, 2011

Exploding

Do you know what is even more amazing than an exploding volcano?
The fact that my little boy is turning ONE this week!  What in the world???
We celebrated a bit early with the Belnaps over the weekend...

Here are some little volcanoes waiting for their big debut: 



I made some little volcano cakes.  
Gage's had some dinosaur visitors on it and Aleigha's was a bit more girlie with flowers.  :)
The hot lava was melted chocolate and the middles had dry ice and water to make smoke.
I didn't get a picture of them "smoking" because everything happened so fast. But, you get the idea.

I had a blast making them!

The weather didn't really cooperate for the outdoor luau, so we headed over to the church instead.
The kids played in a huge bounce house and ran around like crazy people. 




Gage was cute opening his gifts.
He had quite a bit of help from sister.
She couldn't keep her hands off the packages!
 
 

Gage telling everyone a big, "Thank You!"



Life changes so fast.  This little boy of mine has been the sweetest little person ever.
My heart is exploding with love for him.


I am sure there will be much more celebrating 
to come this week!! 

ALSO...


Cord ran the Ogden Half Marathon this weekend.  This was his first official running race, and I was seriously impressed with his finish.  

We love waiting for Daddy at the finish line.  There is something so emotional about watching people complete a race.  

I get chills clapping and cheering and listening to the cow bells ring in celebration for the racers.

It is such an accomplishment.
Now that is one good looking runner...

*He got 5th place in his age group with a time of 1 hour and 37 minutes*
  Not too shabby at all.  He is such an amazing athlete.

I dare say the winner of the day was this foam we found...


It started with holding the foam, then dabbing in on their cheeks,
then running through it, then rolling around in it!
By the end,
They were COVERED in white bubbly fluff.

 Now THAT is what I call fun!!!

9 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! First off I had no idea you guys went on a vacation especially to Disneyland! How much fun! It looked like the girls we're really in their element and actually Gage too! Second Happy Birthday little Gage! What a darling little man you have and way to go on those Volcanos cakes! They are awesome! And Third, way to go Cord he is quite the athlete isnt he! Tell him I said congrats on his accomplishments in his races.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

And just where did all that foam come from? Looks like a blast for little kids :) Way to go Cord!!!

Natalie said...

Such DARLING pictures! Happy B-Day GAGE!

~adelle said...

Brighton, they were advertising a race that was a foam race. It is so cool. It just kind of fluffs off your body. It doesn't really stick. The kids were seriously loving it!

Sharstin said...

oh wow--can't believe gage is 1~ his party looks like it was so darling~ and yay for Cord--he did great--it was a fun day:) love all of your picts~

Paparazzi Boutique said...

The party was so fun...thanks for doing the adorable cakes. I totally have to remember that idea for the future. So fun to share Gage's birthday.

Kara said...

Oh he is so darling I'm glad he had a fun birthday party! I can't believe our babies are so big. Oh and good job to your hubby, that's great:)

mindy-lou said...

How fun! Gage is seriously sooo cute! And he is getting so big. Way to go Cord, that is an excellent time. Sounds like life is great in Belnap land :)

Unknown said...

I came over to see who won on Calico.

I am in awe over your mini volcanoes. How cute.

And I think I may have to have a pool full of bubbles for our annual kid's day. Looks like soooo much fun.

P.S. I love the name Adelle. I'm Alice. I hope both of our names come back onto the Top 10 list.