Sunday, February 20, 2011

Edible Butterfly's

I've been baking.  

I found the COOLEST edible butterfly's on Etsy awhile back and decided to use them on a birthday cake for my grandma.  She is quite the lady and I felt like she needed something fancy on her special day.  She had a stroke a year and a half a go, and lost her ability to speak.  She took it in stride.  
She seriously hasn't complained about it once.   (bad joke?)

 When she was in the recovery center I made her a card that was shaped like a butterfly.  (I wrote her a secret message.)  The butterfly's on her cake were a symbol of her strength. 

Wanna see it?




Aren't those butterfly's the coolest?  



Guess what?  A few days after the party baby Gage just happened to reach out and knock my cake stand off the counter and onto the floor!  It broke into a hundred pieces.  I was feeling a bit sad because it was my Grandma Morgan's.  Hum... how do you replace something like that?  Well.  You can't.  But you can make yourself feel a lot better by ordering a few of these online...



Can't wait for the UPS truck to pull up next week.  :)  

Happy Baking! 

5 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, I didn't know your grandma couldn't speak. Bummer about your cake plate! I can't wait to see what you ordered though. The cake turned out fabulous! You have a lucky grandma :) Lucky to have such great family :)

behoxer said...

That cake is awesome! Good job! I'm sorry about the dish - tough loss. It will be fun to have some new ones though I'm sure!

Sharstin said...

what a great cake for a fabulous grandma~ and how sweet of you to bake it for her:) nothing is better than some new cake plates--my favorite thing!

Eichmeiers said...

Nice job on the cake! and your grandma is darling! Im sure she loved it:) Im sorry bout your plate. I hope your new ones come soon for you!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Beautiful butterflies for sure, Adelle. You are so creative.