Sunday, January 31, 2016

It's A Bird, It's A Train, NO? It's A Blog Post!

Ok.  So, here's the deal.  When I write for this blog, I don't make any money.  I do not have deadlines.  No one is counting on me to deliver a draft by a certain time.  Therefore, it gets put on the back burner while I put together my other blog stuff.  It makes me sad though, when I pull up my Good Life Blog, and it has been two months since I have posted!  So, here is an update.  Off the clock.

January is almost over.  Good riddens in my opinion.  It has been cold and snowy.  In one of my moments of boredom, I decided it was time to paint the kitchen.  There has been a spot in our "cut out" wall that was cracked, and so, Cord agreed to fix it and then I would paint.  Well....things have snowballed.  (Like that winter reference there?)

Paint in the kitchen, turned into painting most of the main level of the house and the hallway and entryway.  Then, it turned into a new chandelier.  Because, "Who wants an old chandelier with new paint?"  Then, the project continued to expand to new carpet!  YAY!  The old stuff really didn't match the new paint color.  Did I do that on purpose?  Of course not.  ;)

**I need to give a big shout out here to little Ollie because I always said I would wait to get new carpet until my baby is potty trained.  Well, I really wanted to get the show on the road.  So, Oliver and I had a nice chat about big boy underwear and he decided to humor me.  The little man figured out the potty training bit in just a few short days.  It was almost too easy.  He must have wanted new carpet too! **

And if you are going to go to ALL the trouble of paying for new beautiful soft clean carpet it would be a shame to lay it against old short baseboards.  So, I batted my eyes (and begged and begged) and Cord agreed to change out all of those too.  What a good sport!!

So, what does this lead to?  I have a giant list!  Hopefully, new tile in the entryway, new blinds, and a bedroom set for the boys.  You know, just a few little things like that.  Here is hoping for a bigger than average tax refund!

Three cheers to Cord and my Mama who are making all my dreams come true.

All of the remodeling has really made January fly.

We are just gliding along in this lovely life of ours.  The girl's are getting ready for their upcoming dance competitions. They are learning a duet.  It is going to be adorable if we don't end up killing each other before they get to perform.  My idea of practicing is a little bit different than theirs.  I am sure the LOVE having a mom as their dance teacher.

The kids are all doing well in school.  They seem to have good friends and amazing teachers.  I am still trying to figure out how to get everyone's homework done and spelling tests studied for and all that jazz.  It is a lot of work managing a bunch of elementary school students.  Especially, when all I want to do is go on vacation!  :)

So far 2016 has been a good year.  I am resolving to to more Pro Bono blogging here over the next few weeks.  It is good for me and I want my kids to be able to read about how awesome their childhood was...








1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Holy remodeling Batman! Sounds awesome, and I can't wait to see it in person :) Oh, I have long lists of my own, but that doesn't mean that any of them are going to get done. ha! ha! I could only dream of NEW CARPET!!!! I guess I need to win the lottery! I haven't blogged since Thanksgiving either, and dread trying to catch up! But, I have been thinking about it :)