The other day we had a giant rain storm. It was literally pouring. Oliver walked over to the sliding glass doors in the kitchen, looked outside, and exclaimed, "Mom! It's raining tacos!"
Gage came home from school the other day and said to me very seriously, "Mom. I need to tell you something. There were six girls chasing me at recess." He is quite the ladies man. ;)
Natalie wrote a passage in her homework page about something she was good at. She chose dance. In her writing she said that, "Her mom inspired her to do dance." It was just so cute and made me feel happy. I love being her mom and dance teacher!
Yesterday, we went on a hike as a family. Libby and Gage were in the front of the pack. They walked down the path with their arms over each other's shoulders. They were chatting and laughing like best friends. It was so adorable.
Oliver woke up the other morning and immediately found his "babies" (stuffed bear and stuffed dog twins) I heard him making a conversation between them.
Ollie: Good morning babies.
Babies: Hi Daddy.
Ollie: I missed you.
Babied: We missed you too.
Libby and I went to a mommy daughter date at the church a few nights ago. We dressed up in matching pajamas! We had dinner and made treat bags so we could watch Cinderella. The moms were asked to write a nice note for their daughter for her Faith in God binder. I wrote a little note to Libby telling her how wonderful she is and told her how much I love her. She read the letter and then said, "Mom. That's a really nice letter." She turned to her best friend, Alyse and said, "Alyse, you have GOT to read this!" I could tell she felt pretty special. She is an amazing little girl. It was fun to have some one on one time with her.
The day that we got the snow, I went out on the deck and sketched the word "snow" in the snow. Gage and Natalie walked outside to see the snowfall and the came in yelling, "Mom, mom! An elf wrote a word in the snow!" They truly believed it was magic. We put on some Christmas music and had hot chocolate with little marshmallows and celebrated the change of seasons.
Gage brought a gratitude turkey art project home from school. He wrote on each of the turkey feathers one thing that he was grateful for. There were four things: The world, his body, food/fruit, and Jesus. Isn't that just the sweetest?
I am sure there are so many more things I could write. I just love being a mom. I love having my house full of noise, and hugs, and tiny voices. This is a good season of life.




1 comment:
Great post! So many things we'll want to remember as the kids get older. I think this is definitely the BEST time of life. When our kids are home with us, and we can spend time enjoying them. I love it!!
Post a Comment