Sunday, October 27, 2013

Our Storybook Halloween

For me, Halloween can either be super creepy or incredibly magical.  I like to skip right over all the blood and guts and undead.  Here, it is a time to dream, and wonder, and pretend.

This year, we got to slip inside some classic stories.  Libby is Little Red Riding Hood.  She is bold and beautiful in her striking red boots and hooded cape.  She loves to snuggle up and skip along in her fancy costume.  She is going to use her cape this winter to snuggle up against the cold.


 


She has to watch out for her sneaky wolf brother!  Gage is The Big Bad Wolf.  
Isn't he scary?!

 

Oh, not so scary here.  
I like to call him my wooly wolf, because he looks so furry and warm!
I wouldn't mind sharing my basket of goodies with this wolfie!


This is one pretty cool wolf.


Watch out Little Red!  There is a wolf behind you.  .  .


And then we have another set of characters.  It's sweet Little Bo Peep.
It seems as though she's lost her sheep.


Oh no, little sheep.  Don't cry.  She will find you.


Ah.  Together again!
Natalie LOVES having Oliver as her pet sheep.
She is always saying, "Where's my little sheep?" in the cutest little lovey voice.


 I love this face.


My little Bo Peep makes my heart so happy.


Her sheep does too.



I had so much fun making their costumes this year.  Gage's wolf hat was my favorite project.  Of course, my MOM helped me with so much.  She keeps teaching me how to be better.  She is good at going along with all my crazy plans!  I told her next year I might be able to do it all on my own.  We will see...

Sometimes I feel like I am just the luckiest girl around.  Maybe I am really part of a storybook?  If so, I have a pretty good author writing my story.  


Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Kim Gardner said...

Your children are like the most beautiful children ever.

Katie said...

Adelle! I am amazed you made these--they are darling!!! What talent! Your kids are the cutest!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Cute pics Adelle! And those costumes are seriously Adorable. I can't believe how awesome that Wolf Head is :) You have to see them in person to know how really great they are! Maybe I'll have to take some sewing lessons from you! :)