Monday, March 26, 2012

Can You Feel It?

We spent the day on Saturday at the Utah Dance Spectacular Competition.  Libby had three dances to participate in.  We had been dancing, dancing, dancing all week to prepare.   And when I say 'we' I really mean all the cute girls on her dance team.  Natty, Gage, and I have been watching from the sidelines.

I still get kind of emotional watching this little chick-eta dance.  It makes me so happy to see her doing what she loves, and doing it so well! 

We spent quite a bit of time in the locker room--changing clothes, reapplying makeup, and sweating to death.  My goodness, it was ten million degrees in that place.  Next year I am bringing a fan. 


Lib's cute cousin Shaye is in her same dance academy.  
It is fun for Libby to get to see Shaye dance and carpool to some practices!
 

It is impossible to get a good picture in this gym!  
Here is Lib's duet group.  She dances with a little boy named Grady. 
I love this number.  It kills me every time.


One of Lib's dances this year is a cheerleader number.  She has been so excited to get her costume. 
They finally came the DAY OF the competition.  You should have seen the craziness in the locker room trying to get all the girls' in the right sizes.  Insane.  And remember it was hotter than heck, so that just added to the craziness.  Oh, and Natalie CHOKED on a mint and a nice lady swooped her up and knocked on her back until she could breathe again.  I was shaking like a leaf.  Thank heavens my little Natty was okay.  I am not sure who was more freaked out by the episode.  Me, Natty, or the other moms in the dressing room.

In the mean time, Cord was manning Gage out in the gym.  Brent and Lorna came and spent the day with us.  So, they kept Cord company and helped with the baby!  It was worth all the work though.  Libby was a little shining star.

My little cheerleader...





These girls are such good friends.
I love that they love each other so much.  



We didn't stay for the awards ceremony, but I have a feeling there might be a trophy
waiting at her studio for her duet group today at dance. 

She will love it.

4 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, love the costumes! Elle was very impressed with Libby's splits, etc... Cute cute!!

I'm Jenny said...

What a day! I loved watching Libby and Shaye dance. It was such a treat for us. Libby is a natural!!

The Green's said...

She is darling! How fun for her. It looks like she had a great day. Good thing Natalie was okay! How scary!

Natalie said...

I can't believe how darling Libby looks, all done up with makeup and in the cutest costumes!! She looks so mature!!! Don't let her grow up tooooo fast!! Ahhh!! Love the last pict of Libby and Nat with the pompoms. What a treasure!!