Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's all about Turkey's

What is Thanksgiving without turkey?  I mean really.  We had our fair share...

Daddy started off the day playing in a Turkey Bowl with the neighborhood males.  While he was off getting his exercise, the kids spend the morning watching the parade,


and I made this... 
A Fruit Turkey.
I am not sure who liked it more, me or the kids. 
I just love being festive.  :)



Before we headed over the river and through the woods,
I gave the kids their own Turkey's to carve.


I stuffed these brown birds with holiday pajamas and slippers.

I have decided it makes more sense to let the kids wear their "Christmas Pajamas" all season long, so instead of waiting until Christmas Eve to give them their pj's I am now serving them up on Thanksgiving Day!

The kids thought it was pretty fantastic.  Libby called them turkey pinatas.



We had the whole family together this year at my parent's house.
Here are all the Turkey's, I mean, Grandkids....


The whole family made a big circle and held hands during the blessing on the food.  I thought it added a nice extra touch to the meaning of the special feast. 

We also added to our tradition a Turkey Toast.
We drank to health, family, and continued love and happiness.
It is nice to take a few minutes to really think about the many blessings we all enjoy.


 

I think the kids were toasting to another round of bubbly goodness.
They felt pretty special with their fancy glasses.


As usual, the selection of pie was superb, and I had my fair share.
We walked around the duck pond, played some games and ended up killing each other by the end of the evening.
(We have some pretty serious mafia games going on...)


So, lets all raise a glass to another fantastic year!
Happy Holidays.


(The kids showing off their new pajamas!)

4 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving!! Cute idea with the PJ's! I've given my girls some of their holiday PJ's too! Why not enjoy them the whole season? Your tree looks way amazing :) Hope we get to party with you soon!

Kim Gardner said...

This totally makes me wish I was one of your children.

Natalie said...

SO fun. You are such a good mom...and so creative!!

Eisha said...

that fruit turkey is so cute!