Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jake the Snake

My cool brother Jake and Dad. (baby Corey too...if you look closely!)

My brother Jake came into town and we had a little end of summer bash. It is always nice to have Jake around. Plus, we will always take any excuse to have a party! Jake was my "growing up buddy" because we were close in age. We went on tons of trips together and played together all of the time as kids. I wish he lived closer so we could be together more often and so my kids could know him better. In fact, I would like to get to know him better. He surprises me each time he comes with his grown-up personality! I guess we are all getting old! Here are a few pictures from the night...



Libby enjoying "dinner." A little test of strength. Looks like Caden needs more beefing up for
Take a seat on the swing...
Everyone loves Grandma!!! (and Shaye too!)
A game of bean bag toss.
Later that week we had an awesome night of Karaoke with ALL my siblings and parents. Pics to come later. This I can say...there was a contest and ONE of my talented brothers/sisters won! You will have to check back to see who it was!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I haven't seen Jake since he was a sophomore!! Wow! I guess we are all growing up.

I have to tell you that when you posted about you having a dream about me and Claire, tears swelled in my eyes and I got the chills! You are such an amazing friend. Seriously one of the bestest there is. I hope we can get together sometime in our lives...sooner than later! Thanks so much for your friendship, love, and encouragement. It really means a lot to me. Love ya...Natalie

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I love family time. Especially when everyone is there! Looks like you've had some fun fun fun!! I can't wait to see some of your new family pics too! :)

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Is that a new swingset at the Dennis' home? We'll have to have another party there. I love that backyard. Looks like you have some good times together.

Matt said...

there are no "beans" in those bags. the correct term is "Corn Hole".