
Since it is Earth Day, I thought I would take a second to make a shout out about helping the environment. Something I have been thinking about lately is the use of disposable plastic water bottles. They are everywhere. We all use them. In fact, more people buy bottled water than soda pop! Crazy huh. Here is something that you may find interesting...
It takes 1.5 million barrels of oil -- enough to fuel 100,000 cars for a year -- to make the plastic bottles to meet Americans' yearly demand for bottled water. (How many of you are complaining about gas prices???) Also, only one in five bottles are recycled. Water bottles are filling up landfills and releasing poisons into the soil. Not good right?
I would like to suggest we all buy a few good Nalgine water bottles and fill them up from the tap. The water is just as good (water bottles are filled with regular ole' tap water anyway!!!) and it will really give the environment a break! Are you with me???
1 comment:
You should come to Oregon with me! Just 2 days ago I bought a "green" grocery bag so I can stop using the plastic and paper bags when I'm just getting a few things. I'm hoping to buy one each time I go. The grocery stores reimburse you 5 cents each time you use one so you eventually pay them off :) The state of Oregon is great in so many ways. I'm so excited for your blog! Finally, a chance to stay connected. I love it already.
Post a Comment